THE MODEL ALLIANCE Created by Models For Models

THE MODEL ALLIANCE




Being A model in this industry there is nothing EASY ABOUT IT! As a model you have to conform to what everyone else would like you to be and wants. I know for me a unique model, I try to find my way and use my knowledge and learn and grow as a person. I feel that a lot of models are not able to do that because they are consistently pleasing others instead of themselves. One thing is for sure you can not Change my geeky personality, WHY? Because I love to read and learn everything! 
 
Something that I found that Helped me a lot as a model, was a friend of mine that is also model, told me about this documentary called Picture Me A Models Diary! I watched the trailer of this documentary and I was stunned at the information that I did not know as a model! I knew it was happening for I wrote a paper about it before for a class I was in but I did not know it to the extent of it!

I thought about this movie I have watched it several times and each time I watch it, I am like are agencies models really making $80,000 a year or pay check and not getting properly treated as humans. I never understood how someone can forget that us as model are HUMANS before MODELS! If we are sick we are sick! If we have to get surgery we NEED to get SURGERY! We are not ROBOTS!

What I loved about this model Sara Ziff is she knew what was wrong and wanted to fix it.  Sara Ziff has received and education at Columbia University, no longer models, however is making really amazing strides in the fashion and modeling industry by having to Create the The MODEL ALLIANCE! 
















What is the Model Alliance?

The Model Alliance (MA) is a not-for-profit labor group for models working in the American fashion industry. Models have an industry voice through the MA.
                             (MODEL ALLIANCE http://modelalliance.org/mission)


The mission Model Alliance is to ensure that models recieve  proper treatment in their workplace, and they aim to establish ethical standards that bring real and lasting change to the fashion industry as a whole.

This mission and the Model Alliance is great for all models! and wonderful!

Join the Model Alliance Now!

You can Join the Model Alliance in 3 ways


















Member:
If you are a working fashion model represented by a modeling agency in the U.S  you would choose this opition and pay $75 annual fee
*Membership includes free access to Model Alliance Support, workshops, the members-only portion of our website, and our monthly newsletter. Members receive privileged access to Model Alliance events.
Assoicate Member:

You are working fashion model without agency representation. $75 Annual Fee
  *Associate membership includes all the benefits of basic membership. Access to events may be limited.
  
Patron:
You are A supporter of the Model Alliance’s work Donate 

*The Model Alliance’s efforts rely solely on the support of its members and patrons.  By donating, you can help us cover our expenses, fund our organizing effort, and achieve our goals.





"Picture Me" has been storming the fashion world since its release in Spring 2010. This is how the fashion world looks like, from the inside.
A documentary filmmaker follows a model for several years, chronicling her rise from a fresh face to one that adorns billboards and magazines around the world. Go behind the scenes and chronicle the glitzy world of high fashion modeling, from photo shoots with celebrated photographers to runway shows in New York, Milan, and Paris.

Released: Spring 2010
Starring: Sara Ziff


                                       


0 comments: