Self-Love

Happy Valentine's Day! My name is Raewyn and I blog over at Be a Warrior Queen




I'm one of those people that can be loud and in your face, but in the most loveable way ever. I try my best to always be happy and find the positive. My blog is one part being positive and another part starting a movement. I want to start a magazine to empower young women and girls to be themselves unashamedly. I have a pick up truck named Chuck the Truck; my favorite clothes are 1950s inspired and I drink tea like it's going out of business. I'm engaged to my best friend of ten years and we're getting married in April of this year! Love is my religion - the end all and be all. I focus on sharing as much love as I can, because without love we are nothing. I would love if you'd stop by my blog and we could become the best of friends! 

While everyone is out there focusing on their significant other or lack thereof today, I want to remind everyone to give themselves a little self-love! 



Self-love is the most important love, and the easiest to forget. Everyone has heard the saying "If you don't love yourself, you cannot love another person." It's always given me mixed feelings. To an extent, every person loves themselves - even when they think they hate themselves because destructive actions are inherently selfish. However, I definitely agree that we need to show more self-love. 

Self-love is so beautiful, because it renews our love for others and gives us the energy and positivity needed to share our love with the world! 



Today, on Valentine's Day, while you're rushing around preparing the perfect Valentine's Day, or wallowing in your misery, take some time for you. It could be five minutes in your car before you go into the grocery store to get ingredients for your fancy meal. It could be a couple of extra minutes in your shower as you get ready. It could be a full day of pampering. 

Take some time to think about all of the parts of yourself that you love. Think about the hobbies you love to do; think the thoughts that make you happy. Breathe deeply and appreciate the air filling your lungs, the kiss the wind flutters against your cheek...feel the moments and appreciate you. 

Today isn't just a Hallmark holiday obsessed with romance, crafts, hearts and buying the perfect gift. Today can also be about remembering why you are you. 


Head on over to my blog and download my free self-love printable


 photo name.jpg

Post Sponsor Ad:

Image Map

0 comments: