skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Hi, my name is Brittnie Scurry and I am a size 12 Plus Model.
In my short career, I've graced countless runways, been published & have worked with top industry professionals.
I started as a plus model (industry term meaning size 8+) in 2012. I talked to a few models who told me all about the plus industry. Instantly I begin searching online for agencies & their size requirements. I realized that the fashion industry used "average size" women as plus-size models. I noticed the most successful plus models were more slim than I had expected. I immediately setup photo shoots with local photographers to gain experience behind the camera. When I was ready, I began building my portfolio with agency approved photographers. This was very costly but when you believe in yourself, you will invest in yourself!
The initial rejection was the worst experience in the beginning because I didn't really understand the business. It's very simple actually. When a company is going for a certain look, they know exactly what they are looking for. You may or may not be it and that's ok. It's just business.
I have to say my best experiences are those where I see the finished product of something I worked hard on. People don't usually get to see the behind the scenes but I really appreciate knowing there's a team who all played a huge role in making a masterpiece.
It's not as easy as it looks but it's fun when you love it!
Post Sponsor Ad:
0 comments:
Post a Comment