What is your inspiration?
If you are referring to who my inspiration or role model is within the male model industry I would say that it is David Gandy because my opinion is that this guy broke the mould for the profile of male models. He created a new male model profile globally that is more masculine, strong and elegant.
Being a male model what are the challenges that you face on everyday spectrum, Do you find that it is easy being a model or difficult?I would say that the travel I get to do with my job can be very difficult at times, I am away from my family and friends and it can be lonely as I often am travelling on my own. Also daily castings are tough as they often feel like daily exams where I get judged
That being said, honestly I am very fortunate with the job I have, I am very privileged to have visited different counties with different cultures and worked with and learnt from very interesting, talented people. These experiences over the last year have developed me as a person and made me a better model.
What is your greatest accomplishment?One of my recent accomplishments was doing runway for Miami Fashion Week, I opened the show for men. For me this was a proud moment as it was my first job in America and my first week in Miami.
do you feel that in the modeling industry male models are just for props, I have heard that a lot over the years?For sure it is very difficult to compare the female model industry with the male model industry, but I think that the male fashion industry is growing as men are paying more attention to how they dress, fashion and their look. You see this reflected in the growing number of male targeted stores, male specific products (e.g. grooming), male fashion magazines etc which you see on the market.
What are some of the projects you have worked and or currently working on?Over the last year I have worked in Europe (Spain, Italy, Turkey etc) where I worked on editorials, commercials, campaigns and runway. I moved to America this year and my goal now is to repeat similar success in my new country of residence.
What do you do to stay in shape, you are def fit and I am sure my readers would love to know this?Basically I do lot of cardio, HIIT system training, mixed with cycling and TRX.
Since Model Savings is a Blog about saving money, Do you have any stories about how you saved money?When I first arrived in Miami I needed to find accommodation quickly but it looked like it was going to be too expensive for me to find anything as I didn't have a lot of money to cover the deposits and fees I needed. I asked around at work and managed to find someone who subleased their apartment to me whilst they were away on vacation. This was the perfect solution and saved me lots of money.
Do you have any advice for male models that are just starting out?I would tell them that it is very important to learn everything you can about the industry. For example read up on the client and brand before a casting, find out about photographers and keep up to date with industry news. I would tell them that relationships are key - they need to network and build good relationships. Finally I would tell them the most important thing is to just be themselves!
Where can the readers find you on social media?Yes I am on Instagram and Twitter - Alexei Reyes.






.jpg)

0 comments:
Post a Comment